Hyper-automation in HR Industry
According to Gallup’s State of the Global Workplace report, 87% of employees worldwide are not engaged or actively disengaged at work, which costs approximately $7 trillion due to lost productivity.
Though it is HR’s job to keep employees engaged, it is not always possible because most HR teams need to complete repetitive tasks that can be automated.
RPA technology can free up an HR department to focus on:
• Boosting employee productivity by effective performance management
• Keeping employees engaged
• Improving business’ brand in a competitive job market
• Taking data driven actions thanks to People Analytics
Benefits of Automation:
RPA improves the accuracy of data integration and validation processes which are highly error-prone when handled by humans
•Faster HR Ops:
Automation of processes decreases the labor hours spent on tasks and frees the HR team, improving overall efficiency
•Better Employee Satisfaction:
Automating tasks improves employee satisfaction, which reduces employee churns directly, and turnover cost indirectly
•Streamlined Talent Acquisition:
RPA bots help businesses keep track of candidates’ profiles organized so that HR professionals can streamline the whole process
• Candidate Sourcing:
RPA bots can gather and screen resumes and collect online application forms. Then they can compare the candidate data against all relevant job requirements with pre-defined rules or RPA plugins with machine learning capabilities.
• Employment History Verification:
Using an RPA bot, companies can gather required employee history information from the input sources and cross-check information with backend databases.
• Arranging Interviews:
Calendar based collaboration software such as Calendly or Conversational AI systems can help companies arrange interviews with ease.
• Offer Letters:
RPA bots can gather all the necessary information, create the offer letter, send it, and eventually monitor the returned documents. For instance, RPA reduced the offer letter generation time to 1 minute from 15 minutes.
RPA bots can make rule-guided decisions during onboarding. Some example decisions bots can make are
Assigning credentials or access rights to a new employee
Sending relevant onboarding documents to new employees
Supporting Current Employees:
• Travel & Expense Management:
With the help of Hyper-automation, OCR enabled RPA can collect travel expense receipts of employees, extract required data from receipts, and cross-check individual expenses against company rules and external expenditure regulations
• Attendance Management:
RPA bots can
• Cross-check absentee reports against time logged in the corporate network
• Alert HR when the business confronts major absenteeism that disrupts workflow
• Manage Events and schedule training
• Process administrative tasks
• Payroll Management
• Payroll management involves mostly data entry tasks that should be done accurately.
• Mistakes made during payroll management directly reduces employee satisfaction and productivity
• Bots reduce error risk by automating and decreasing the time spent on payrolls
Employee Exit Management:
RPA can be used to improve employee exit experience. Some tasks RPA can automate during employee exits are:
• Generating exit documents
• Conducting exit surveys
• Notifying the right people
• Revoking system access
• Collecting company assets
• Processing final payments
Skipping any of these tasks may result in multiple audit flags and regulatory violations.
Overall HR Functions that can be automated